Thursday, August 27, 2009

Cigarettes: My Worlviews

srizals@gmail.com

You know what I love the most about the holy month of Ramadhan? It's the smell. The smoke free zone almost everywhere, except when there are non Muslims around of course. Yes, the smokers. The real life samples of people on self destruct mode n taking as many as they can, people around them that of course are not as stupid (sorry) as they are. Sadly their own children and babies, yes baby killers, only stupider n also poisoning their own beloved wife, I think on purpose..I'm being paranoid aren't I?

Well, for me, some would label me as a fanatic, an extremist, I always hated cigarette since well, since the beginning of time I guess. I was 'forced' by my so called 'friends' to try it as an initiation or some kind of acceptance process into the 'hood' or to prove myself that I am a macho boy or something back in the old days. Well, as U guessed it, it didn't work out, for me and the boys I mean. You see, I'm not cut out to be a smoker that's all. Alhamdulillah.
I base my conviction on these verses:

The Heights
With the name of Allah, the All-Merciful, the Very-Merciful.

[7:150]
When Mūsā returned to his people, angry and sad, he said, “How bad is the thing you have done in my absence! How did you act in haste against the command of your Lord?” He dropped down the Tablets, and grabbed the head of his brother, pulling him towards himself. He (Hārūn) said, “My mother’s son, the people took me as weak and were about to kill me. So do not let the enemies laugh at me, and do not count me with the wrong-doers.”

[7:151]
He said, “My Lord! Forgive me and my brother, and admit us into Your mercy. You are the most Merciful of all the merciful.”

[7:152]
Surely, those who have taken the calf (as god) shall be seized by Allah’s wrath and by humiliation in the worldly life. That is how We recompense the fabricators.

[7:153]
As for those who do evil, and repent thereafter, and embrace faith, your Lord is then most forgiving, very merciful (for them).

[7:154]
When the fury of Mūsā calmed down, he picked up the Tablets, and in its contents there was guidance, and mercy for those who are fearful before their Lord.

[7:155]
And Mūsā selected seventy men from his people for Our appointment. Later when the earthquake seized them, he said, “My Lord, had it been Your will, You could have destroyed them earlier, and me too. Would You destroy us for what the foolish among them have done? It is nothing but a trial from You, wherewith You let go astray whom You will, and give guidance to whom You will. You are our protector, so forgive us, and have mercy on us, and You are the best among those who forgive.

[7:156]
And write for us good in this world and in the Hereafter. We turn to You in repentance.” He (Allah) said, “As for My punishment, I afflict with it whom I will. And My mercy extends to everything. So, I shall write it for those who guard themselves against evil, and pay Zakāh, and those who do believe in Our verses,

[7:157]
those who follow the Messenger, the Ummiyy (unlettered) prophet whom they find written with them in the Torah and the Injīl , and who bids them what is fair and forbids what is unfair, and makes lawful for them good things, and makes unlawful for them impure things, and relieves them of their burden, and of the shackles that were upon them. So, those who believe in him and support him, and help him and follow the light sent down with him, - those are the ones who are successful.”

Spoils of War
With the name of Allah, the All-Merciful, the Very-Merciful.

[8:19]
(O unbelievers,) if you were looking for a decision, the ‘decision’ has come upon you. And if you give up, it is better for you. And if you repeat, We shall repeat. And your people shall not suffice you at all, even though they are many in number; and Allah is with the believers.

[8:20]
O you who believe, obey Allah and His Messenger, and do not turn away from him when you listen (to him).

[8:21]
And do not be like those who say, “We have listened” while they do not listen.

[8:22]
Surely, the worst of all animals in the sight of Allah are the deaf and the dumb who do not understand.

[8:23]
Had Allah seen in them some good, He would have made them listen (as due). But if He makes them listen (now), they will turn away paying no heed.

srizals@gmail.com
So U see, like I said earlier, I am a proud member of the followers of the ways of Muhammad, the Union of Muslims, Ahlul Sunnah wal Jama'ah. Al Quran n As Sunnah is my guide. Anyone else or any organisation with their own conviction is nothing to me if their thoughts are not in tandem with Al Quran n As Sunnah. Why? It is the last guidance for me before I meet my maker. What is my excuse in front of God when He asked me why did I went astray when all the guide and signs are right there in front of my very eyes!

Stop smoking please I beg U. You are killing yourself, slowly. Ever experienced drowning in the water? Well, give yourself 20,30 years more and you'll be drowning on land and no one would be able to save you. Yes, COPD. Go check it out. In the lands of the Malay, cigarette boxes are required to print hideous pictures of health complications and hazards due to smoking. And it end up in this conversation:

Seller: What kind of disease are you buying for yourself today?
Buyer: (Being Mr. Dullard of course) Ha, Ha, Ha, funny one, I guess I would buy the box with the picture of unborn fetus, it looks cuter than the ones with hollowed throat!

Everyone else, especially tobacco farmers n tobacco giants of the industries:-

Ha, Hah, Hah, Haahhhargh, Hi, Hiii, Hiii..(Louder n even scarier of course)

ps- In the western world you are allowed to sue the tobacco company if you catch cancer. In the lands of the Malay, you are only allowed to sue others with 100 millions to 500 millions ringgit of suit for saying bad things to you. Gezz. Why don't they sue up to 1 billion or 1 trillion ringgit of money? It would look more bizarre n made more sense of course. Their character I mean..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do comment with your open heart n mind.